What’s the one thing that hits your raw nerve?
I posted a while back on the 7 top pet peeves at the gym but this is more for everyday life.
Women talking in shrill voices? The sound of nails scratching on the blackboard?
Everyone has something that gets them.
These are mine, what’s yours?
12 ways to irritate me
1) Making me repeat myself a few times when I know you have heard me. If you don’t have anything to add on or say, at least grunt.
2) Talking incessantly about yourself while trying to come across humble. Everyone CAN tell which brings me to point 3.
3) When someone else tries to get in a word or continue from there, you just faintly acknowledge before steering the conversation back to yourself. Not cool.
4) When returning a call, the other person says hello or yes? and then expects you to continue. Earth to caller, you called me first. State your case, what do you want?
5) When people step into a crowded train and then once inside take their bloody own sweet time to move in. Other people need to board too.
6) Standing on the wrong side of the escalator and blocking the flow of human traffic.
7) Watching shows on your smartphone while walking ever. so. slowly. Go home.
8) When foreign service staff expect me to speak their native language. Not that I mind if it makes things easier. But when you make it seem like it’s your right and you make me feel bad for not doing so, it’s another story.
9) When I show you a photo on my phone, it doesn’t give you the right to go through my entire photo gallery. That’s just plain rude. Ask first.
10)Pushing your political/religious/moral/whatever views on me, I respect your opinions but back off.
11)Talking to me during a movie. I don’t want to talk to you even if you are my friend,we can do it later I want to watch my movie. Once or twice is fine though.
12)Ceaseless whining and endless complaining about how boring your life is, how fat you are but eat another candy bar right in front me or how nothing ever goes right. If you are so dissatisfied, do something about it! Trial and error is the way to go.
I know I said 12 but here’s another that just popped in my head.
13)Not getting any of the hints that I am dropping to tell you that I am not interested, that I am becoming irritated but am just too overly polite to tell you so, that you are invading my space and finally make me tell you straight in the face and then giving me the look like you never saw it coming. Great, I feel bad now.